- Fly over Mt. Everest from Kathmandu to Lhasa Tibet.
Explore the highlights of the Tibetan heartland.
- Drive over the Himalayas from Tibet to Nepal.
- Guaranteed Weekly Group departure.
- Available Every Saturday (April-October,)
- Minimum 5 Pax required for tour to operate.
- Fly in from Kathmandu, Nepal or Chengdu, China.
your journey to Tibet with a spectacular flight over the snow
capped Himalayan mountains past Mt. Everest, Makalu and Kanchanjunga.
In Lhasa visit the famous Potala and Norbulinkha palaces,
the great Drepung Monastery, Jokhang temple, and walk amongst
the crowded Tibetan market - the bustling Barkor Bazaar. Drive
past the beautiful Turquoise lake on the way to the historic
town of Gyantse with its unique multi-storied Kumbun Stupa.
Our itinerary also includes the famous but rarely visited
Shalu and Sakya Monasteries. After visiting the Tahilungpo
at Shiatse we start our drive over the Himalayas by way of
the incredible Arniko Highway that connects Kathmandu with
Lhasa. Enjoy fabulous Himalayan mountain scenery again - this
time from ground level !! Once over the high passes flanked
by a range of Himalayan giants we enter towards Nepal. At
the town of Zangmu on the Tibet-Nepal border we bid farewell
to our Tibet friends and drive through the terraced countryside
of Nepal to end our journey in Kathmandu. An unforgettable
encounter with forbidden Tibet.
|Day 1 -
||Arrive Lhasa Airport (from
Kathmandu/Nepal or Chengdu/China).Meet Tibet Agent and
transfer to hotel in Lhasa.Rest of the day free to rest
for acclimatization. Lhasa hotel or Kyichu Hotel.
|Day 2 - Sunday:
|Guided tour of Potala Palace
& Drepung Monastery. Lhasa Hotel or Kyichu Hotel
|Day 3 - Monday:
|Guided tour of Jokhang Temple,
Barkhor Market &Tibetan Medical Center. Lhasa
or Kyichu Hotel
|Day 4 - Tuesday:
|Drive via Yamdrok Tso to
Gyangtse. Visit Kumbun Stupa & Pelkor Chode Monastery.
|Day 5 - Wednesday:
|Drive to Shigatse. Enroute
visit Shalu Monastery. Visit Tashilungpo Monastery &
Shigatse Market. Shigatse Hotel.
|Day 6 - Thursday:
||Drive to Shegar. Enroute
visit Sakya Monastery. Visit Shegar chode, the Crystal
Monastery. Shegar Hotel.
|Day 7 - Friday:
|Drive to Zangmu. Enroute
visit Milarepa Cave. Zangmu Hotel.
|Day 8 - Saturday:
|Walk across friendship Bridge
& transfer to Kathmandu.
Group Tour Cost:
With LHASA Hotel in Lhasa: Twin Share US$ 975 Per Person.
- Single Room US$ 250 Per Person.
With KYICHU HOTEL in Lhasa: Twin Share US$ 900 Per Person.
- Single Room US$ 200 Per Person.
With BUDGET HOTELS: Twin Share US$ 675 Per Person.
- Single Room US$ 75 Per Person.
*Budget Tour Includes accommodation in budget
hotels/guest houses everywhere.
Travel Permit, breakfast everyday, entrance fees,
-twin sharing accommodation, all guided tours
-Airfare included one way.
- as applicable:
- Tibet/China Visa (varies for different nationalities).
- Urgent fee for china Visa ( 30 per visa) if
processing in lessthan 5 working day in Kathmandu.
- Departure tax at Kathmandu airport (Rs. 1000);
- Lunches & dinners; refreshments, bottled/alcoholic
- Any tips (hotels, restaurants, guide, driver,
- Photography charges at monasteries/palaces/sites;
- Nepal re-entry Visa (double entry visa are available);
- Extras cost for up-grading rooms at hotels if/when
- Any cost arising from political disturbances,
- of flights, deviation in program, delays due
blockage, or otherwise;
- Sleeping bag - for budged tours only (can be
hired in Kathmandu);
- Any services in Kathmandu/Nepal (hotels, transport,